Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Documentation [solved]
Hi,

From few days, I red documentation and tried to use ds30loader but whithout any success. Whithout to know why this does not work.
I got a FTDI board (FT232RL) which work with another bootloader which I had to rewrite but not ds30loader !

After to be lost several times in documentation, my opinion is documentation is not easy to understand when you know nothing about this bootloader. Quite hard to know from where to start and what to do.
Seems that, documentation is usefull when you already know what to do or when you already know where to start.

From my point of view, a newby documentation is missing, a documention which guide you step by step from 0 up to succeed to use a bootloader from ds30loader.

I know, such documentation is not easy to write, especially when you are the developper because you know everything on your product. Some trivial things for developper can be a cliff for a beginner.

I know, the task is not easy to do. In other domains I wrote some technical documentation (for software I wrote) for beginners.
How to make a clear/complete doc from newby up to advanced user.

That's the trick.

Anyway, I will manage with existing documentation.

Do not forget an excellent product is a good product with good documentation.

Keep going your good jod.

Regards
I appreciate all the documentation feedback! I rarely get any.
I will improve the usage guide in the manual or make getting started document.

What do you struggle with at the moment?
(2011-04-01, 22:38:47)Mikael Gustafsson Wrote: I appreciate all the documentation feedback! I rarely get any.
I will improve the usage guide in the manual or make getting started document.

What do you struggle with at the moment?

Answered on a long private email.