Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Serial communications speed problem [solved]
Thank you for your prompt reply.

I have used the following code but with no success unfortunately, I'm using mikroelektronika's "mikro C Pro for dsPIC" with a BIGdsPIC6 development board.

Code:
// *****************************************************************************
// Initialize Uart1 communication for USB
// *****************************************************************************
UART1.UxMODE.UARTEN = 0;         // disable UART1 ready to change settings
UART1.UxMODE.ABAUD  = 0;         // disable auto baud ready to change settings
delay_ms(10);                    // wait 10 millisconds
Uart1_Init_Advanced(256000,1,1); // USB FTDI connection 256000 baud,0 parity,1 stopbit

According to the datasheet this should clear almost everything.

I've tried to communicate using all different terminal settings but after using the bootloader to download the application I cannot achieve any response at all. Is there a way to find how the bootloader has left the seial port settings? I would have set the bootloader to 256000 baud but a warning appeared telling me that the baud rate error was too high!

Oh . . I cannot find an errata sheet in the version that I downloaded or the GUI source. Have I the right version - 1.4.1.0 in the about box

Also when using the bootloader GUI I have to set it to 115200 and also set the autobaud detect flag on or nothing happens.

All help appreciated

Roger B

Messages In This Thread
RE: Serial communications speed problem - by rogerb - 2011-05-26, 11:52:04