Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On UBUNTU 10.10 ds30LoaderConsole needs libmono-winforms2.0-cil [solved]
(2010-12-27, 00:25:33)Mikael Gustafsson Wrote: If you have an oscilloscope I suggest you use that to see what's going on.

Thanks for the suggestion. I don't have an oscilloscope. However I've been able to do some other debugging that strongly suggests that at least part of my problem is that the bootloader in the PIC seems to broken.

In the virtualised windows I am able to to use the PICKit 3 to reprogram the PIC with an application that flashes a couple of LEDs on the Web Platform in response to 'keyboard' commands sent over the 'USB serial port' on the web platform. Using Tera Terminal on the virtualised Windows platform I can control the LEDs on the Web Platform and get echo back from the PIC. But ds30Loader on this virtualised Windows system reports timeout using the same COM port. Since Tera Term can talk over COM6 to the Web Platform I would expect ds30Loader to be able to talk to the bootloader in the Web Platform.

If I shutdown the windows virtual machine and then reconnect my Web Platform to the Ubuntu 10.10 system over its USB port (no PICKit3) then I can use minicom to talk to /dev/ttyUSB0 and so control the WebPlatform LEDs.

Based on http://dangerousprototypes.com/2010/02/1...r-hacking/ I should just use the PICKit3 to program bootloader max frc 40MIPS abaud.hex into the WebPlatform and then ds30Loader (at least on Windows, and hopefully Ubuntu) should work. Correct?

Messages In This Thread
RE: On UBUNTU 10.10 ds30LoaderConsole needs libmono-winforms2.0-cil - by ozybushwalker - 2010-12-27, 02:31:33