Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help for 16F886 [abandoned]
Hi all

I am newbie with bootloader and this is the first time to do this. I always download bootloader hex and programing in PIC, but now i decide to do it myself.

Yesterday i download this great software an try to make simple bootloader for 16F886.
When I make build all in Mplab 8.7 they write this error list:
What i an douing wrong?

Tibor

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Release build of project `C:\Documents and Settings\Tibi\Desktop\ds30 Loader\firmware PIC12F PIC16F\ds30Loader.mcp' started.
Language tool versions: MPASMWIN.exe v5.41, mplink.exe v4.39, mplib.exe v4.39
Wed Jun 08 20:16:15 2011
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Clean: Deleting intermediary and output files.
Clean: Deleted file "C:\Documents and Settings\Tibi\Desktop\ds30 Loader\firmware PIC12F PIC16F\ds30Loader.mcs".
Clean: Done.
Executing: "C:\Program Files\Microchip\MPASM Suite\MPASMWIN.exe" /q /p16F886 "ds30loader.asm" /l"ds30loader.lst" /e"ds30loader.err"
Error[113] C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\TIBI\DESKTOP\DS30 LOADER\FIRMWARE PIC12F PIC16F\SRC\SETTINGS.INC 86 : Symbol not previously defined (_FOSC_HS)
Error[113] C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\TIBI\DESKTOP\DS30 LOADER\FIRMWARE PIC12F PIC16F\SRC\SETTINGS.INC 86 : Symbol not previously defined (_WDTE_OFF)
Error[113] C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\TIBI\DESKTOP\DS30 LOADER\FIRMWARE PIC12F PIC16F\SRC\SETTINGS.INC 86 : Symbol not previously defined (_BOREN_OFF)
Error[113] C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\TIBI\DESKTOP\DS30 LOADER\FIRMWARE PIC12F PIC16F\SRC\SETTINGS.INC 87 : Symbol not previously defined (_PLLEN_ON)
Error[113] C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\TIBI\DESKTOP\DS30 LOADER\FIRMWARE PIC12F PIC16F\SRC\DS30LOADER.ASM 385 : Symbol not previously defined (EEADRL)
Error[113] C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\TIBI\DESKTOP\DS30 LOADER\FIRMWARE PIC12F PIC16F\SRC\DS30LOADER.ASM 386 : Symbol not previously defined (EEADRL)
Error[113] C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\TIBI\DESKTOP\DS30 LOADER\FIRMWARE PIC12F PIC16F\SRC\DS30LOADER.ASM 486 : Symbol not previously defined (EEADRL)
Error[113] C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\TIBI\DESKTOP\DS30 LOADER\FIRMWARE PIC12F PIC16F\SRC\DS30LOADER.ASM 487 : Symbol not previously defined (EEADRL)
Error[113] C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\TIBI\DESKTOP\DS30 LOADER\FIRMWARE PIC12F PIC16F\SRC\DS30LOADER.ASM 495 : Symbol not previously defined (EEADRL)
Halting build on first failure as requested.
Release build of project `C:\Documents and Settings\Tibi\Desktop\ds30 Loader\firmware PIC12F PIC16F\ds30Loader.mcp' failed.
Language tool versions: MPASMWIN.exe v5.41, mplink.exe v4.39, mplib.exe v4.39
Wed Jun 08 20:16:16 2011
BUILD FAILED
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,
The first four errors you need to fix yourself by setting the configuration bits correctly, use the template at the bottom of settings.inc.

The other errors I am not able to reproduce, which version of MPLAB do you use?

In the output it says 16f886 but you have written 877 in the title, which one is it? You should select the correct one in MPLAB IDE and change accordingly in settings.inc
(2011-06-09, 17:37:55)Mikael Gustafsson Wrote: Hi,
The first four errors you need to fix yourself by setting the configuration bits correctly, use the template at the bottom of settings.inc.

The other errors I am not able to reproduce, which version of MPLAB do you use?

In the output it says 16f886 but you have written 877 in the title, which one is it? You should select the correct one in MPLAB IDE and change accordingly in settings.inc

Hi

The 16F886 is correct. Sorry my mistake.
And the MPLAB is 8.7, Windows XP, SP2
I want to build firmware for external 20Mhz oscillator. Nothing special.

Thanks

How can i change my name to Djole because i make mistake when i registered.....Keyboard.....

Djole
Add these lines in somewhere in settings.inc:
Code:
    ifndef EEADRL
        #define EEADRL        EEADR
    endif

Comment/delete config words for enhanced PIC16F in the end of settings.inc
Uncomment config words for standard PIC16F in the end of settings.inc.

Now it should assemble.
(2011-06-11, 12:48:02)Mikael Gustafsson Wrote: Add these lines in somewhere in settings.inc:
Code:
    ifndef EEADRL
        #define EEADRL        EEADR
    endif

Comment/delete config words for enhanced PIC16F in the end of settings.inc
Uncomment config words for standard PIC16F in the end of settings.inc.

Now it should assemble.

Hi

Whit this piece of code was bether but not work....

Then i find the little mistake in settings.inc:

; Standard
;__CONFIG _CONFIG1, _DEBUG_OFF &_HS_OSC & _WDT_OFF & _PWRTE_OFF & _MCLR_ON & _BODEN_OFF & _LVP_OFF
;__CONFIG _CONFIG2, _IESO_OFF & _FCMEN_OFF

; Enhanced
__CONFIG _CONFIG1, _FOSC_HS & _WDTE_OFF & _PWRTE_OFF & _MCLRE_ON & _BOREN_OFF & _IESO_OFF & _FCMEN_OFF
__CONFIG _CONFIG2, _PLLEN_ON & _LVP_OFF
What doesn't work?

That config is named differently for different devices.
(2011-06-11, 14:16:58)Mikael Gustafsson Wrote: What doesn't work?

That config is named differently for different devices.

Was two error:

Executing: "C:\Program Files\Microchip\MPASM Suite\MPASMWIN.exe" /q /p16F886 "ds30loader.asm" /l"ds30loader.lst" /e"ds30loader.err" /d__DEBUG=1
Error[113] C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\TIBI\DESKTOP\DS30 LOADER\FIRMWARE PIC12F PIC16F\SRC\SETTINGS.INC 87 : Symbol not previously defined (_MCLR_ON)
Error[113] C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\TIBI\DESKTOP\DS30 LOADER\FIRMWARE PIC12F PIC16F\SRC\SETTINGS.INC 87 : Symbol not previously defined (_BOREN_OFF)
Halting build on first failure as requested.
If you feels it's easier you can set the configuration bits in MPLAB IDE,
if you do, remove or/comment the configurations bits in settings.inc.

If not, you find all settings for your device in p16f886.inc found in C:\Program Files\Microchip\MPASM Suite\
From settings.inc:

Code:
;------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Configuration bits, these macros can be found at the end of the inc-files located in
; C:\Program Files\Microchip\MPASM Suite\
;
; These can also be set in MPLAB IDE instead, they are found in Configure->Configuration bits...
;------------------------------------------------------------------------------