Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PIC24FJ128GA010 time out problem [solved]
Hi,

I tried to find the bootloader by ds30, but i get an error " time out". When i enable USE_ABAUD, i get an error " Unexpected data received. 6 bytes, expected max 3, aborting Firmware version timed out". I know that, I must use the bootlaoder in with an exact baudrate. But in anyway i couldn't get any response from the bootloader.

my projects works at 40mhz, the internal cycle clock is 8000000. I checked all the configurations and i couldn't find the problem. I attached the bootloader firmware that i tried to modify.

Thanks.

Attached Files
.zip   firmware-16-bit.zip (Size: 50.78 KB / Downloads: 17)
Hi,
Do you reset the device and press Write within 3 seconds?
Yes, i find the problem and i am searching the forums that you wrote before. I am using uart2 and the pins RF4->U2RX and RF5->U2TX. I changed the receive configuration for U2RX but i could not find the RPOR_ in datasheet(PIC24FJ128GA010) for U2TX.

Best Regards,
Berkay.
You have choose the internal frc as clock source.
According to the datasheet, the frc defaults to 4MHZ.
Either change Fcy definition or configure the frc for 8MHz.
I try to confıgure but i could not do. Do you have any example for this subject, i mixed some settings and i have to find a way to make it work.

Best Regards,
Berkay
If you replace FNOSC_FRC with FNOSC_FRCPLL you will get 4MHz * 4 = 16MHz => Fcy= 8MIPS.
Hi,

Thanks for your advice, i found a firmware version that you coded. That is for PIC24FJ(v1.1.1 july 2010).I configured the baudrate and the others. When i try to connect to the pic by DS30LoaderGui, it gives an error exactly"Firmware version timed out". It didn't wait for the searching time(10 seconds).

thanks for your help.

Berkay
No that means you have a communication problem. You should
-verify oscillator frequency
-check errata for uart problems
-try differente communication settings