Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
http://ds30loader.com/ ??? [solved]
I came across the site above tonight. Is it related to ds30 loader? The web site looks very similar indeed.

It does offer I²C operation, which is very desirable to me. However they seem to be charging for the code.

The site appears a bit dubious, is it a copy??? Have they taken Mikael's code and not released under GPL???
-it is related
-it is my site, my company, and my product
-I offer I2C and CAN operation
-I offer a secure boot loader

Mikael Gustavsson
MG Digital Solutions
www.ds30loader.com
How can I improve the site to not look dubious?
Well please accept my sincere apologies. I thought some-one had copied your hard work (and web design) and was attempting to gain from it. (That has happended a lot with for example people charging for Paint.net) That was why I posted here, in order to make sure somebody wasn't benefitting from your work. I'm glad they haven't.

As for looking dubious with the benefit of hindsight perhaps it doesn't! I²C would be useful to me, but to be honest I thought some-one else had taken your code, added I²C and was charging, and so I wouldn't buy from them. Perhaps looking at how other free / paid software is marketed "lite" or "express" vs "ultimate" or "full" might help.

I really wish I hadn't posted now, I feel quite silly.
No problem! Thanks for the suggestions.
I have purposely held a low profile. But I will try to link the to pages together somehow.