Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help running the bootloader using PIC24FJ [solved]
I followed the steps listed in the firmware manual and when I tried to run the bootloader, it keeps jumps back to address 0. I'm not very good in assembly language. I have included the assembly file. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Attached Files
.txt   dsloader.txt (Size: 22.84 KB / Downloads: 23)
Hello,

Could you provide more infromation ; the PIC you're using, does the GUI find the bootloader, the code or the hex file you're loading.

Lotusx
I'm using Microchip PIC24FJ256GA110 microprocessor. I have not tried to run the GUI yet because I want to make sure the bootloader works. Essentially, I placed a breakpoint at the "bra usrapp" instruction that it never hit and always reset to address zero. Another strange thing is that I can't debug the assembly code, I can only see the program memory.
You say that debugging doesn't work but you expect a breakpoint to be hit?
As far as I understand that when the bootloader starts and waits x seconds for the UI to communicate otherwise it will jump to the user application. Therefore, I placed a breakpoint at the usrapp: jump instruction and it never get there. instead, it resets to address zero.

(2010-12-08, 22:50:29)Mikael Gustafsson Wrote: You say that debugging doesn't work but you expect a breakpoint to be hit?

Please try the bootloader for real and come back if you have any problems.
If you have problems with your debugger you might get help in the Microchip forums.