Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
firmware ugrade using GSM
Hi,

Has anyone here had any experience running PIC24F firmware upgrades "over the air" (OTA) using a bootloader?

I have a PIC24FJ128GA010 on a board in a product that is about 300Kms away and I need to eliminate the process by which I have to drive 600Kms to reflash the PIC Smile Five hours in a car, two minutes to reflash.....

I have never uused a bootloader before as I normally reflash using a PICKit3 in "Programmer on the go" mode.

In this case the product is permanently connected to an APN using a Simcom SIM900 quad band GSM engine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Graham
Durban
South Africa
With correct time-out configuration it shouldn't be a problem. From the ds30loade.com front page:
Quote:We’ve been using the version of ds30 Loader you customized for us to work with the 18F67J10 for a couple of years now. Many hundreds of firmware updates have been applied over Bluetooth and GSM links in that time. It has indeed proven to be a very reliable tool. Paul Kelly, Design Engineer
(2015-02-23, 13:27:02)Mikael Gustavsson Wrote: With correct time-out configuration it shouldn't be a problem. From the ds30loade.com front page:

Quote:We’ve been using the version of ds30 Loader you customized for us to work with the 18F67J10 for a couple of years now. Many hundreds of firmware updates have been applied over Bluetooth and GSM links in that time. It has indeed proven to be a very reliable tool. Paul Kelly, Design Engineer

hy,

Am also working on same project of frimware upgrade using GSM , but the problem is that am newbie to boot loader,

can you help to this by step by step instruction.

pls