Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bootloader 2nd time through
(2015-03-06, 14:45:38)MikaelĀ Gustavsson Wrote: Hello,
How do invoket the boot loader/reset the device?

Mikael,

The Host that the boot loader is installed on has an FTDI FT232R chip used for a USB interface, it is a Li-Ion battery powered device and the power is controlled by an LTC2954-2 push button on/off controller. I say this so that you have all the info about the circuitry. To power the unit, a button is pressed and held for ~1.5 seconds. The power comes up, the FT232R chip initializes and the computer recognizes the chip and installs the com port driver. (I have used the FT232R chip in other hosts and gotten the boot loader to work.) At this point if all that is in the host is the ds30 boot loader code, the GUI recognizes it and downloads the hex file I have pointed it to.

If I have the ds30 boot loader code loaded and have boot loaded a hex file onto the host and I try to update that hex file with another, the GUI always times out and can not find the boot loader (see previous post for error message).

If I then change the ds30 boot loader code to increase the BLINIT number to 6000 instead of 4000, the GUI software will load code in either scenario.

As I stated before, turning on a handheld device and waiting 6 seconds before anything is displayed on the LCD is not very helpful. Do you have any ideas on why the extra time is needed in the case of updating previously loaded code?

Thanks for your help

Steve

Messages In This Thread
bootloader 2nd time through - by d2inc - 2015-03-04, 21:09:31
RE: bootloader 2nd time through - by d2inc - 2015-03-10, 22:54:54
RE: bootloader 2nd time through - by d2inc - 2015-03-16, 17:49:24