Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how use the second UART of the PIC16F1947
Hi, i tried use the second UART of the PIC16F1947 for the ds30loader, but i cant do it, because a error on the compilation appears, where tell me, that PIC no have second UART, i am sure of that PIC have second UART because I use it (the second UART) with no problems.

the error is:  UART.INC 71 : ERROR: (UART2 specified for a device that only has uart1)

I configure the parameters of the communication, baud rate, device, FOSC, configuration bits, etc etc, and I used it with no problems in another chips, PIC16F1933,PIC16F1936,PIC16F1938

I missing something??

is problem with the version free??

Thanks.

Attached Files
.txt   settings.txt (Size: 4.86 KB / Downloads: 5)
Hi,
Please zip and post the entire boot loader project. Or modify the devices inc file yourself.
Thanks
(2015-09-27, 12:44:47)Mikael Gustavsson Wrote: Hi,
Please zip and post the entire boot loader project. Or modify the devices inc file yourself.
Thanks

Hi , I attached the project in ZIP format , I tried to modify the file you mentioned but does not work me , thanks for your time

Attached Files
.zip   firmware_PIC12F_PIC16F - 1947-16Mhz 19200baud.zip (Size: 44.47 KB / Downloads: 11)
Here comes a new devices_PIC16F.inc with support for uart2 with PIC16F1947.

Attached Files
.zip   devices_PIC16F.zip (Size: 1.33 KB / Downloads: 10)
thank you very much, sorry for the delay in answering, I will try and notify you if it works properly

regards
Hi Mikael, i tried to use the second uart with the new file of devices PIC16F.inc, but not work, I test every baud rate possible, but not work.
Any suggestion??.
Thanks.
the process of compiling finish all good, so, i dont have any error in that part. the process of burn the PIC it's ok, the UART 2 it's ok, i test a simple program and work the uart 2
Zip and post the project.
This is the project, thanks

Attached Files
.zip   firmware_PIC12F_PIC16F - 1947-16Mhz 19200baud.zip (Size: 71.84 KB / Downloads: 6)
Hi Mikael, any news about this post??? thanks
Hi,
You have not set the configuration bits. You need to do that.
Hi, configuration bits placed them from the environment MPLAB , I have always done and had not given me problems until now.

could you give me an example of how they should go, please, thanks
hello, I recompiled the project from the template, mark an error in the Ansela in UART2 that there PIC ADC, I think maybe that's the problem.
worked, was the ANSEL, in AD pins UART2 two channels, configured as digital inputs and outputs were and run
Great! Feel free to post the code. It may be useful for other people.
yes of course, here i put the code.

Attached Files
.zip   firmware_PIC12F_PIC16F - 1947-16Mhz 115200baud.zip (Size: 71.96 KB / Downloads: 15)
Here comes a new devices_PIC16F.inc with support for uart2 with PIC16F1947.