Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parsed Hex File error message [abandoned]
Hi,

I have a firmware that works when I load it through an ICD3. When I try to load it through the bootloader it does not start up. I have run 2 other firmwares through the same boot loader, and when I load them on the current config they still work. It seems only this particular firmware doesn't work.

When I parse the hex file I get "There is no GOTO at location 0x00" which is not something I've seen before. Is this an error with my file or with the way the loader is reading it or what? Is there something in my other firmwares that I am unaware of that is not in the current one?

I should note that this is the first firmware I have used that has attempted to use the PLLx4 instead of the normal FRC.
Edit: I am also getting this error:
Hex file successfully parsedok
Detected instructions where user goto should be moved to
The hex-file contains more config words than the device has
Hex file successfully parsed
I am unsure what this means or what I need to fix to get it working correctly.

Thanks,
Greg
Hi,
Which compiler are you using?
Please attach the hex file to a post or send it to me.

Mikael
Hi Mikael,

Thank you for all the help and the wonderful bootloader. I am using Microchips MPLAB IDE v8.53 to write my code. I use Microchips C30 compiler to create the hex file. I have attached the file to this post.

Thanks again,
Greg

Attached Files
.zip   IOFirmware.zip (Size: 20.71 KB / Downloads: 10)
For which device is the hex file?
I suspect you export the hex file form the file menu in MPLAB IDE, correct? If so, why?

Mikael
(2011-10-18, 20:11:02)Mikael Gustafsson Wrote: For which device is the hex file?
I suspect you export the hex file form the file menu in MPLAB IDE, correct? If so, why?

Mikael

The hex file is for a dsPIC30F6014A. I do not export the hex file from MPLAB IDE. I build the project as if I was going to program it with an ICD 3 and then go to the project location and choose the hexfile I want to load from there.
Works fine for me, see screenshot.
Which version are you using?