Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
comments/requests on ds30loader gui [solved]
Hi:

(I have moved this to gui instead of 8-bit where I originally posted it)

I have spent quite a bit of time the last couple of days using ds30loader with an 18F26K22. It has been very consistent and pretty much bulletproof.

I am quite pleased that such a customizable tool is finally available for the whole pic family. In the past we had to find a loader (such as tiny or trutrack) that came with a gui and a few files targeting specific chips at specific clock rates. Those were great loaders, but now we can target any chip, any clock, and load it from any platform. A great big thank you to Mikael for making this available. I have a couple of comments and requests:

- I use the auto-switch-to-terminal so I can see boot messages after load. To re-write after a re-compile, I need to click Close, and optionally but usually click Clear-Rx, then click Write. It would be nice if Write would automatically close/clear for me with one click instead of three.

- How about being able to also press the W on the keyboard to Write? I am reaching with one hand to power-cycle the target, and it is easier to hit a key with the other hand than control a mouse at the same time.

- Is there a way to clear or edit the drop-down list in Basic/Hex-file? It would be nice to get rid of all the old stuff so I can quickly find the hex files with which I am mostly working.

- Where is the config data stored? I am guessing it is in the registry but I am not sure. I do love the fact that the loader is a single exe and there is no setup-into-windows, but it would also be nice if there was in an ini file in the same directory as the exe -- then I can send someone a small zip that is ready to go with the exe, ini, and hex files. Right now it looks like I need to tell a co-worker every setting in every tab to get their loader set the same as mine.

These are all small things -- just things I noted as I started to get used to the loader. I really am very happy with it, and now wanting to try the mac version when I get a chance.
gil smith

Messages In This Thread
comments/requests on ds30loader gui [solved] - by teletype-guy - 2012-06-28, 17:41:09