Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Support for PIC12F683? and pin select feature... [solved]
Hi! I'm working on a project and have planned to switch the processor from the 12F683 to the 12F1840. But I don't want to leave the existing folks in the dark.

So would it be possible to get dsloader working on the 683? It doesn't have a UART, so I guess I'm asking if there's any way to bitbang with this excellent bootloader?

Another feature I'd be interested in is if the bootloader could quickly check a pin and exit if it isn't high or low? Sounds simple, but I'm curious if anyone has done this already? My project is a small engine CDI unit, so if an accidental reset/brownout occurs it would be good to recover before the engine dies.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide, and thanks again for an excellent bootloader! My assembly is weak, otherwise I'd try to work things out myself, but any pointers would really help!

-Jake
Looking at the datasheet it seems the 683 doesn't have self-writable flash. I wonder if the bootloader could be used to program the eeprom though?
Hi,
That might be possible but is it really worth it? It doesn't have much flash nor i/o pins