Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible GUI bug [solved]
Hi,

I have been looking at the ds30 loader GUI and I think I have found a bug, or at least I don't understand whats happening.
I am using a 12F1840 part and the bootloader is identified and works however, the bootloader start address in debug mode and the graphical representation appears to be wrong.

Using the default bootloader placement (BLPLW) of 256, after the device has been programmed I pull the flash from the device and the bootloader starts at F00. But the debug mode in the GUI with custom bootloader unticked says start address of 0xF40.

Also toggling the custom bootloader selection on and off with a placement of 6 pages from end, it doesn't show a change in the graphical representation, however F00 (the default) is 8 pages from the end.

The only reason I spotted this was I reduced the placement to 192, to make use of a little more space. And was having trouble finding the right settings for the loader gui. Does anyone else see this?

Cheers,
Wip
Hi,
The GUI uses a default value for the boot loader placement, it may be wrong for some devices. If you have debug mode enabled during a write operation you will see the correct values.

Since the 12F1840 has a page size of 32 words you should set placement and size to 6 in the GUI for a 192 word firmware.

If you leave the textbox the graphical memory map is updated.
Hi,
Ahhh ok thanks for the clarification, I think I was mainly getting confused with when the GUI updates its graphical display.
After a write operation without custom bootloader ticked, its as I would expect and I see that it updates down when I tick custom (with 6 already entered). But doesn't revert if I untick it.
I'm guessing thats because it doesn't know the true location until it starts the write operation, so only updates it then?
Cheers,
Wip