Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
26K22 - the continuing saga [solved]
So after deselecting the echo option, it all seems to work. (Note this echo option seems to be the default setting for me so I have to keep de-selecting it.)

However, it is a bit finicky ie not all of my hex files are working with the bootloader. Iam using MikroC Pro for PIC v5.80 as a compiler, and this particular hex file generates an error when selected in the ds30loader

"Validating hexfile...line 897 is empty
Hex file validation failed
Hex file parse failed"

A previous revision of this project hex file works fine and downloads without issue. However, the latest compilation crashes the GUI reliably.

The bootloader is discovered and the ok is returned. As soon as the GUI starts to download the firmware, it crashes and only with this version of the firmware.

I suspect it is occurring due to the parsing problem but I don't know what I can do about it.

problematic hex file attached along with screen dump of error.

CS

Hmmm

Just added a nop opearation to the program, recompiled and it works fine through the bootloader......

All good now I guess.

CS

So, the last bit of my last post was a little too soon.

Unfortunately when I selected the problematic hex file it didn't load it and hence the previously selected one was parsed and downloaded just fine, giving the illusion that all was well.

So the problem still stands and the addition of a nop here and there doesn't resolve the issue.

If anyone is able to suggest a work around that would be great. I'm not aware of what to be looking at in the hexfile, however the confusing thing is that the hexfile does not have as many lines as the GUI is saying the error occurs at ie line 897 ?

CS

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   AST_InterfaceBoard.zip (Size: 12.54 KB / Downloads: 6)

Messages In This Thread
26K22 - the continuing saga [solved] - by strud - 2013-03-04, 05:18:32
RE: 26K22 - the continuing saga - by strud - 2013-03-04, 06:33:48
RE: 26K22 - the continuing saga - by strud - 2013-03-05, 15:07:40
RE: 26K22 - the continuing saga - by strud - 2013-03-07, 21:25:39
RE: 26K22 - the continuing saga - by strud - 2013-03-08, 01:51:46