Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What about USE_BRG16 in Firmware manual [solved]
Hi,

Everything is in title.

Well, I couldn't find any explanations in firmware manual (Rev M) about usage of USE_BRG16 instruction in settings.inc. (Pic18F)

Another general remark about "Firmware manual" pdf file.
For better reading in 2. Customize settings.inc chapter.
It would be better to list settings in the same order as settings.inc file.
If of course settings are written in same order in Settings.inc file for others bootloader.
Thanks for the feedback!
BRG16 is explained in the datasheet and by the comment in settings.inc.

Here's a new firmware manual
http://mrmackey.no-ip.org/elektronik/ds3...manual.pdf

Also see the UART error calculator.xls in the tools directory in the package.
(2011-03-29, 19:50:57)Mikael Gustafsson Wrote: Also see the UART error calculator.xls in the tools directory in the package.
Well, I have red and looked a bit in every file but didn't find where to set SPBRG value !
>Well, I have red and looked a bit in every file but didn't find where to set SPBRG value !

The excel sheet is a tool to calculate the baud rate error for different oscillator speeds and UART settings.
Nowhere in the documentation it says you should set SPBRG. SPBRG is calculated from BAUDRATE and OSCF
and set in the code.
(2011-04-01, 22:18:44)Mikael Gustafsson Wrote: The excel sheet is a tool to calculate the baud rate error for different oscillator speeds and UART settings.
Nowhere in the documentation it says you should set SPBRG. SPBRG is calculated from BAUDRATE and OSCF
and set in the code.
What confuses me is to use a tool in order to calculate a variable which is needed nowhere in inc / asm file !!

So, why to calculate something if you do not need it !!
Why to calculate something if it's automatically done in program !!

If it's just for user information, you should probably clearly write it ? Undecided
The file name implies that the error is calculated not spbrg.