Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Different Configuration Settings
Hi,
I have used the ds30loader for PIC18LF26K80 a year go. At that time confirguration settings in the Bootloader and in my firmware were kept exactly the same.

Now I have to change some configurations such as:
1: Enable Power up timer
2: Enable Brownout
3: Set appropriate voltage level for Brownout

At this stage I can only change the configurations in my firmware since I can not program the device for the modified bootloader (access to the programming pins is not possible).

My questions are if I have different configuration settings in the firmware and the bootloader
1: Which configuration settings will take over (bootloader or firmware)
2: Will there be any conflicts between the configuration settings of the bootloader and the firmware.
3: Can it lead to the problems in the firmware (operation of the device).

Best Regards
Hi,
1. If you check the "write configs" checkbox under the advanced tab in the GUI the config bits will be updated. If it's not checked the boot loader configs bits will remain.
2. Changing those three config bits should not cause any problem to the boot loader.
3. If the firmware relies on those three changed config bits (which I don't think they do) and they are not updated, then yes. Otherwise no.

I suggest that you do some testing at your desktop with a spare board. Enable write configs in the GUI and make sure everything looks ok after the write operation.

BR
(2013-09-26, 12:41:32)Mikael Gustavsson Wrote: Hi,
1. If you check the "write configs" checkbox under the advanced tab in the GUI the config bits will be updated. If it's not checked the boot loader configs bits will remain.
2. Changing those three config bits should not cause any problem to the boot loader.
3. If the firmware relies on those three changed config bits (which I don't think they do) and they are not updated, then yes. Otherwise no.

I suggest that you do some testing at your desktop with a spare board. Enable write configs in the GUI and make sure everything looks ok after the write operation.

BR

Thanks Mikael.