Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dspic33f bootloaded firmware not working
Hi there,

I have a hardware at hand, which i want to implement a bootloader. I modified the ds30 bootloader and flashed it to my microcontroller(dspic33f64mc710). then, i used the gui in order to flash my firmware to my microcontroller. everthing is fine to this point. gui verified that there is a bootloader, it flashed the firmware and verified. Everything seems ok. Then closed gui and open a terminal software and send a command to my hardware, there is no reply from hardware. Normally, it should replay with an answer. When i load the firware without bootloader, it works normally and answers to my command. I have a led on the hardware which is working normaly in either case. so, i suspect that there is a problem with uart. both bootloader and my firware uses same uart (uart1). I think there should not be any problem. any insights?
Hi,
Are you using the application config bits and oscillator configuration in the boot loader?
(2014-02-12, 22:10:22)Mikael Gustavsson Wrote: Hi,
Are you using the application config bits and oscillator configuration in the boot loader?

yes i am using.
Hi,
I am sorry for the late reply. Please zip and post the boot loader project.
Thanks
(2014-02-24, 12:36:41)Mikael Gustavsson Wrote: Hi,
I am sorry for the late reply. Please zip and post the boot loader project.
Thanks

ok never mind, i solved the problem before your answer. i forgot to write here Smile. problem solved after i removed the oscillator configuration form my firmware. thanks for your help.